What is your vision? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I see myself operating my own performance institute. I want to build a place where athletes come to get stronger, move better and perform longer.
What are your core values? How do you live them?
- Consistency - I find that being consistent with my workouts helps me to show up with consistency in other areas of my life. Whether it’s work or relationships I think that’s a trait that’s crucial for success
- Integrity - I try to live this by being honest and being someone that people can rely on. No one’s perfect but I think striving to do what you think is right in every situation is important.
- Resiliency - bouncing back from setbacks and staying on course when things get tough is a skill set that strength training and boxing helped me develop
Strength Training is your passion and you’ve made a career out of it, where did it come from?
I’ve had a passion for strength training since I started high school. Getting into the gym and getting stronger became a way for me to deal with stress and feelings of insecurity that I think a lot of young men have. But I think what really got me hooked was realizing the huge benefit that getting stronger has on every single person. Everyone from elite athletes to senior citizens can benefit from becoming stronger.
What is your current workout split?
- Monday - Bench focused push day
- Tuesday - Deadlifts, Lats + Hamstrings
- Wednesday - Rest
- Thursday - Shoulder focused push day
- Friday - Quads, Glutes + Calves
- Saturday - Upper Back, Rear Delts
- Sunday - Rest
This is my current split, but I really follow a more intuitive approach to my own training. Some workouts are more focused around developing a better physique and some are focused on performance.
If you could give 1 piece of total strength training advice, what would it be?
Prioritize technique. Learning how to do foundational movements well will allow you to add weight faster, and keep you safer in the process.
Beyond staying active and focusing on proper nutrition, what else is in your wellness toolbox?
Getting out in nature is a big one for me, I try to get outside a little bit each day. Reading or listening to podcasts, always trying to learn and pick up on lessons from people who have accomplished great things.
How do you prioritize your mental health? What do you do (mentally) that helps you stay so committed and regimented towards achieving your goals?
Meditation was a game changer for me mentally. Finding ten minutes a day to just sit and meditate allows me to stay focused and helps control negative thoughts or emotions, which can derail our progress.
Favourite REYAL product and what do you like most about it?
My favourite product is the face wash. I sweat a lot throughout the day with my job and this face wash gets rid of excess oil and leaves such a refreshing feeling, without drying out my skin.
Where can we find you? (website/social/etc)
Instagram - @Stuhamilton_
Tiktok - @Stuhamiltonfitness
Finally, what’s next for Stuart? What can we expect for the rest of 2022
This year I’ll be expanding my business to offer virtual training to my clients. I love traveling, so freedom to work from anywhere is the goal for 2022.